Monday, September 7, 2015

Play with Nature

Every morning before I go to the studio I take a walk in Nature. It may be in my garden, on a city trail or through the mountains. Nature grounds me and inspires me. I am an abstract artist and I see things a bit differently than a realistic painter. I am looking at lines, colors, shapes and shadows just like a landscape painter would, but it is in a different order.

Here's an example.
This is an image of a stipa grass that is just outside my studio door.

original image
I took this photo with my phone and then played with the color. Here it is now.

color change
I have a free app on my phone for editing photos. There are lots out there so you may have a favorite.
Here is what the image looks like now.

new wave grass
I then printed this image from a laser printer. I will show you next week the finished art using this image as a transfer. Naturally inspired.

No comments:

The Other Side

The Other Side
4-panel commissioned painting